The Other Altars – St.Joseph’s, the Blessed Virgin and the Sacred Heart All in Italian marble with pillars of polished granite and include red and green marble.
The Crucifix was presented to the church in 1902 by John Alphonsus Lyons, a bookbinder who had retired to Cahersiveen after many years in America. He also donated the Eleventh Station of the Cross.
The Stained Glass Windows at the back of the high altar are scenes from the New Testament.
The Mosaics were commissioned by Canon Lane in 1955 and depicts scenes from the Joyful Mysteries.
The Stations of the Cross Handcarved from ?? by whom?? when? Each one donated by families in Cahersiveen. Listing……
The Nun’s Chapel
This Chapel was built as part of the original church with the intention of serving the community of nuns residing in the convent beside the church. The nuns would enter through the side door into the chapel and be effectively cloistered behind huge metal grilles during Mass and services. The Presentation nuns resided in Cahersiveen from 1840 until 2010 although the community had ceased to use the chapel exclusively from the 1990s, nuns preferring to be part of the general congregation from then on.
The Baptismal Font is of pure limestone.